Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My BIG kids--what a blessing they are

Lately, we've been referring to Elli, Janika and Kael as our big kids (I've never called them the Triplets- it just didn't seem to fit). I am so proud of all them. They have embraced the thought of a new brother with everything they have. They talk about him all the time, they look at his picture and the girls leave notes around the house, for us to show him when he gets here. They truly love him.
Elli has packed and repacked Gavin's bag. She organized all of the amazing clothes our friends the Eldridges brought over. Kael reorganized his room so Gavin would have his own space. He boxed up a bunch of books today (and Kael LOVES books) so that their room will be less overwhelming to his little brother. Janika spent most of the morning writing a song and putting it to guitar. The song is beautiful, describing her excitement to meet Gavin and get that first hug.
On top of this, they have been amazingly patient with Layne. I think I've heard more laughter coming from them this past week, as they play with her, than ever before.
I am so thankful to have these three in my life! Kael, Janika and Ellison, I am so proud to be your Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels. We are anxious to meet Gavin and welcome him to the family. We will be praying for you all.
    Brenda, Greg, Brad & Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! We are anxious to meet Gavin and welcome him. We are praying for you all.
    Love
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete