Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Friday, May 7, 2010

a long day

Everything has been moving so fast with this adoption, I was forgetting that there could be bumps in the road. We hit one today, but it was only minor. Having collected all of my dossier documents, Janika and I headed out early this morning to Bismark (4 hour drive). We showed up at the Secretary of State's office to find out that two of our documents had been notarized incorrectly...ughh. I have to say, though, Char at the SOS office is the NICEST government employee I have EVER met. She talked me through how to get it remidied and back to her by tomorrow. SO, we got back into the car and drove the 4 hours back, just in time to collect the two new improved documents in Williston.

Even though it was somewhat of a wasted trip adoption wise, my time with Janika was priceless. She is so great to have in the car- great conversationalist and FUNNY. We had a wonderful time and the date time was well worth it. I don't often get that one on one with my kids and love getting to know them that much more when the opportunity arises. I am so thankful for each and every one of them and for their hearts towards their new siblings.

We are coming kids!! We can't wait to all be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment