Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Friday, August 20, 2010

today

I've had people ask me why I'm not posting much lately. Honestly, I don't know where the days go and I want to protect my kids' privacy as much as a public blog allows, while at the same time be an encouragement to those who are called to adopt or are thinking about adoption.

Things are going, on average VERY WELL. 3 out of the 4 kids are very happy, loving, eating well, sleeping well, playing well with everyone. We do have one child, however who is struggling a bit, and the struggles have to do with cultural differences, more than heart. It's so hard to see children grieve what they've always known, as they work hard to learn our ways. I'm so thankful for an adoption community who offers instant support and more importantly prayers to help a child adjust a bit better. I am so thankful for Pastor Yosef, in Indianapolis, who got right on the phone with us to translate today. I'm thankful for the friends here who offer continual smiles and encouragement throughout the days. I'm thankful for my husband who mans up everyday to love on 9 kids and do it well. I'm thankful for all of my kids. We really have a unique household and it is filled with laughter most of the time.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be taken from everything I've ever known, smells, sights, sounds, people and be put into a house, in the middle of ND. I can't imagine any of my other kids going to a new country, with new parents, new sets of rules, new expectations without any struggles.

Finally, it looks like we're getting a VAN! I test drove a van today and Elli said, "Mom, you actually did pretty well--" It's sure nice to load all 9 kids in the car and still have room for more -ha!
God is good, all the time and He is teaching us all so much about ourselves these past two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment