Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Monday, August 2, 2010

Ready..

Elli, Bert and I leave in the morning. I think we're as ready as we ever will be to bring these 4 children home. We are very, very excited to start living the new normal, as the Sweeney11. God has done an amazing work in our family over the past year, stretching us, growing us and I know it's just beginning.

We are thankful to so many for the support in getting to this point. Brenda, Greg, Michael and Brad, thanks for the encouragement, love and tremendous prayer support. Bud and Cindy, thanks for staying with my other kids while I'm gone- it's the hardest thing to do, even though it's only for a short time. Mike- thanks for being the amazing provider that you are and being sold out for Jesus so much that you're willing to put aside the world to do what He calls us to do!

Janika and Kael- you guys just rock. I'm so proud of you and how you roll with the punches. Thank you for opening your hearts to some more brothers and sisters. I couldn't be more proud of you!!!

Layne and Gavin- I love you so much. I am going to miss you like crazy when I'm gone, but am so happy to be bringing home more brothers and sisters for you both. We are going to have a great time growing as a family.

Elli- thanks for going with me- you are such a big help with kids and I know God is going to continue to use you in a mighty way with orphans.

The Larsen Family- thank you for your continued support, through prayer and loving on our kids. You have no idea how God has used you to help us feel peaceful during this process.

Bert- WOW- don't even know where to start, except that I am so honored to have you travel with me. You are such an incredible friend, Grandma and mentor.

Lisa- you are THE BEST social worker ever and we appreciate how you've walked through this process with us. We look forward to getting to know you even more this year.

The Hutcheson Crew: We love you all! Thanks for the CONTINUAL support and the prayers directed our way. We can't wait to see you again.

Most importantly, I am thankful to God for taking us down this road again. We couldn't be happier to bring our children home.

Prayer requests for the week:
1. Embassy clearance on Weds!! This is our biggest request, since any non-clearance would mean extra days in ET, before we can bring the kids home. WE WANT THEM HOME!!!

2. Please pray for the hearts of all of my kids- for God to prepare them all for the changes to come and for patience for all of us during the transition.

Thank you prayer warriors. We believe it is the prayers of family and friends that have sustained us during all of the craziness of the past 5 1/2 months. This was an extremely short pregnancy for all of us!!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I will be praying for all of the above mentioned, and for safe travels for everyone. I absolutely cannot wait to hear about your next adventures and to see all the new smiling Sweeney faces!!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eglys are praying for you guys!! Be safe!

    Cannot wait to see you guys sometime. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

    :)
    JE

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read all of your recent posts I literally have tears in my eyes! How blessed these kids are to have a family like you....you are truely amazing.
    I went to Sheridan College for two years and attended Cornerstone Church so your faces are familiar to me. Good luck and my prayers are with you. Can't wait to see the new additions to your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got you covered in prayer! God Bless your whole crew!

    ReplyDelete