Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mom



Sorry for posting a super old picture- but I love how happy my Mom looks in this picture.

Yesterday would have been my Mom's birthday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her. Knowing that I will see her again someday gives me great comfort. Mom was young when she died, 62 (2004). She had lived with rheumatoid arthritis since 1986. While debilitating, because it affected her lungs, those outside our family didn't even know she was sick. Very few people knew she took weekly injections to be able to function, took a nap every afternoon from pure exhaustion or struggled to get a full breath for a long time. She was a champion and a true gift from God. She poured everything she had into my kids. I think she would have loved our big expanded family.

As I begin my own road of living with an autoimmune disease, I can see now, why she had such a good outlook on life. She was a Mom. Thank you, God, for my Mom and for allowing me to be a Mom 9 times over.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. She sounds like an extraordinary lady.

    She had such smiling, happy eyes!

    ReplyDelete