Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Hallmark: How tough do you have it?#links

The Hallmark: How tough do you have it?#links

Oh my word- the pictures Dale just posted on their blog will break your heart, or call you to action. Please click on the link above and look at the pictures he took in Ethiopia last week. You'll see the smiles of those kids who have a sponsor and then you'll see pictures of YOUNG boys working as shepherds in the fields. These boys all look to be less than 8 years old- I keep thinking back to what I expected of my big 3 when they were 8 and certainly didn't involve tending animals in a field all day! There are opportunities to sponsor some of the kids in these photos. Click the link that says I sponsor a child at Kind Hearts or on Dale and Kristi's blog "I sponsor a child at Trees of Glory."

Do you sing the song at church that says, "Break my heart for what breaks yours."? Look back at those pictures again. I'm SURE the plight of orphans everywhere breaks God's heart. How can it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment