Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Monday, June 21, 2010

Hot

I just read the best quote on Facebook. It was written by a fellow adoptive Mom who said that her husband was hot for giving up the things of this world, money, prestige, comfort, safety, to become a father to the fatherless. I don't think I could have written it any better.
I've known Mike since the 5th grade..I've always considered him cute- then as we went through high school with our lockers only 2 apart, I thought he was more than cute...Then, we started dating and got married. I really didn't think my feelings could grow any stronger towards him, until he became a Daddy, and what an awesome Daddy he was!! Then, he knocked my socks off again when he let God break his heart for the orphan.. He became the father to the Fatherless...He became a Daddy to 6 more kids who needed the love of a Daddy - a protector, a provider, a comforter, an ear, a spiritual leader.. I see all of my kids thrive with the love of a Daddy, who continually affirms them, continually showers them with the affection only a Daddy can give.
Somebody close to me this weekend referred to a family who had two children biologically and one by adoption. He referred to the two biological children as their own children...I am so thankful that my husband sees all of our kids as his own. He is their Daddy- I may be biased but I think this ranks him right up there with the hottest men on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment