Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Friday, May 22, 2009

My Layne Belle

Yesterday, we wondered why we weren't able to travel today. We were packed and ready to roll. God, however, had this wonderful plan in place. We started to see the plan unfold quickly today, as Layne became pretty sick pretty fast. My usual bubbly, talkative 4-year-old was FLAT, laying on the couch with a high fever. Fortunately, Dr. Bowers (does she know how much we love her?) had a cancellation, and we were in her office by 1:30. She ordered blood work and my little peanut really is sick!! She has a bacterial infection with a high white count.

My Mommy's heart is so thankful that I was here to hold my little girl today and can sleep with her tonight. I am so thankful that I live in a country where I have access to great doctors and medicines. I am so thankful that I am a Mommy to such great children. My heart is sad though too-- sad that if my Gavin gets sick, I'm not there yet to hold him. Who holds him when he feels lousy? Who holds all of those beautiful children?

No comments:

Post a Comment