Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so many things to be thankful for, most of whom live right here with me.

1. My husband - what an amazing provider. He works so hard everyday and doesn't ever complain with the number of hours required to run his own business and yet- makes it to all of the kids's activities. When he's not working, he's with us, no outside hobbies to take him away from being the Dad he loves to be. He makes dinner time entertaining everynight, as he tries to get ALL of the kids engaged in conversation. I can't imagine life without him...

2.K: As one of the "original 3", he is growing into such a neat man of integrity. He always knows when we need to pray for a situation. He has a great work ethic and is a blast to be around. I love his desire to learn!!

3. J: She is just about as even as one can be. She works hard at everything she does and excels at almost everything. We can have long talks about life, laugh hard together and play hard together (she has surpassed my b-ball abilities).

4. E: Is about as full of life as anyone can be. She constantly reminds us of what is truly important in life, the relationships we have with those around us. She has a heart for the unloved, which has been shared with all of us. She is a great travel companion.

5. M: He has grown more in the past 3 months than we ever dreamed. He is funny, responsible and loves to help around the house. He works diligently at his schooling and has come so far in his scholastic abilities.

6. Big L: She is SWEET, SWEET, SWEET. I've never met anyone with such a servant's heart. It almost kills her when we ask her not to help clean up after a meal to give her a break because she LOVES to help. She has a deep love of the Lord.

7. Big G: He is hilarious, full of life and willing to try almost anything. He has really come out of his shell to be a full member of this family. I am so thankful for the athletic abilities God has given him.

8. H: She has more energy than I knew a kid could have. Everything about this little girl is BIG- big personality, big voice and beautiful great big hair! She loves to snuggle and is learning and understanding English so quickly.

9. Little G: Our little dude has matured so much this year. He is strong, athletic and yet very sweet. He loves his family deeply and doesn't forget to tell us regularly.

10. L: Her smile can melt anyone's sour mood. She is generous, kind and smart. I love hearing her play the piano and watch her learning all about her violin...She is a miracle and I'm SO thankful that God brought the miracle to us!

11. My treadmill- it makes this MOmmy much nicer on those cold ND days when we can't get outside.

12. MY GOD. He has and is doing a major work in me this year. I'm so excited to live radically for HIM and I know this will continue to involve loving on kids. I'll paraphrase William Wilberforce by saying, "We can't ignore the things we know and have seen." Through my travels to ET, my eyes have been opened and I cannot possibly ignore the needs of the children of this world.

Don't forget to buy that coffee today and tomorrow! See yesterday's post for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment