Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Well, the first blizzard hit Williston yesterday and today and according to Mike, the kids loved playing in the snow. E, L and I were in Denver to see our favorite allergist yesterday and tried to get home last night, but ended up getting stranded in Gillette. It was about 1:30 a.m. when the pilot decided to stay in Gillette instead of flying on home (no visibility and 50 mph winds). We were presented with hotel vouchers, a ride to the hotel and instructions to be back at the airport at 7 a.m. to fly BACK TO DENVER to try and get another plane to Williston today..Well, I needed to fill Layne's prescription for her asthma medicine and the ER wouldn't do it for me unless I took her in and checked her in overnight pharmacies here. We opted to take our chances with staying in Gillette and I'm so glad we did. After checking in at the airport, it looks like we can hang out here and then get on the late night flight to Williston tonight. The lady at the ticket counter laughed and said we'd probably be on the flight with most of the other passengers from our original flight (after they had to fly to Denver, hang out in Denver all day and then fly back here to Gillette then to Williston).

I was able to get Layne's script filled at Wal-mart, with one of the friendliest pharmacists EVER, who happens to live in the same hometown that my parents grew up in. She is doing better after the second course of steroids for her asthma and I am relieved at not having to hang out in Denver all day. Mike said I'm not allowed to fly for the rest of the year (since our travel debacle in Ethiopia and Dubai this summer). Thanks, Mike for holding down the fort and doing it so well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment