Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Great visit with Papa

My Dad came up this week for a little cross-country watching and kid greeting. I wish I would have taken some pictures of him while he was here, but it was definitely nice to have him here. All of my kids love their Papa, even the newest ones, who really don't understand his relationship to us. After he left, Micah said, "Papa, I like. Come back soon?" Even though we know that we have some great kids (not biased at all) it was nice to hear him say those same things.

Papa got his share of watching cross-country, with 7 out of 9 kids running- it was SO MUCH FUN to watch them! Gabe and Gavin have a little healthy competition going with each other and push each other to run pretty fast. I don't think I could run a mile in under 8 minutes anymore and yet they do it pretty easily. Everyone's times have improved dramatically from the beginning of the season.

The younger kids all have one more short race on Friday and then E,J, and K are finished on Saturday. It has been a great time as a family, traveling to each meet and meeting other families. I will definitely miss our cross-country times but know with 9 kids who love to run, I'll have many more meets in our future. If only they had a parents' race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment