Visiting Lalibela

Visiting Lalibela

Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I love him so much" and things going bump in the night

Had to share some stories for anyone who has ever wondered how adoption affects the other kids in your family.

Gavin was riding his bike and took a tumble (training wheels are GONE). Layne said, "I'm glad you didn't get hurt because if you did, I'd start crying because I love you so much."

Kael told me over and over this week how much fun Gavin is and how much he loves having a brother. They have a great time chasing each other round and round, being LOUD!! (something Kael has missed out on until now).

Elli and Janika have told me that they can't imagine not having Gavin here.

Our kids constantly amaze us and their ability to love surpasses our own. If you're considering adopting, and reading this, I would say, "Go for it." You will all be blessed in the process.

Nighttime is a tough time for Gavin. The first 3 nights at home, he loved having his own bed, but then got scared one night and moved into Layne's big bed. He will sleep in his own bed when Kael's in the room, but last night Kael was at a sleep-over. Gavin drug his feet to go to bed and finally told me, "Mommy, I'm scared." (He also hates the idea of having his own room in the new house).
He then proceeded to tell us about "something" in Benchi that would attack at night, eating neighbors' cows, horses and sometimes trying to get into their houses. He can't tell me what the "something" is, but it's not a lion. His description sounds like another big cat of some sort. He also described the sides of the "house" as being very weak and falling in if something bumped it. He lived in a mud hut with a grass roof and one of the other huts nearby burned down one night..that's a lot for a young boy to think about as he's falling asleep.

So, he and Layne will be sharing a room in our new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment